[yocto] Illegal Instruction Generate for Intel Atom

Leon Woestenberg leon at sidebranch.com
Mon Jan 16 11:42:14 PST 2017

+Khem

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 16 January 2017 at 14:47, Chris Trobridge <christrobridge at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Managed to get the actual compiler lines and the initial args are "-m32
>> -march=i586" but there is "-march=native" appended to the end of the
>> line.
>>
>> Looks like asterisk itself is adding -march=native, so you'll need to dig
> through it's makefiles and work out how to disable it (or just delete them).
>
> Ross

That makes me wonder what are the exact rules of processing the command
line options by GCC.

I thought the precedence is:  TUNE >= CPU >= ARCH.

But apparently, multi -march= definitions, is not well defined, or is it?

There is an unanswered similar question here:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2015/12/msg00153.html

Regards,

Leon.