[yocto] sstate pruning

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jan 12 06:04:00 PST 2017

On 12 January 2017 at 13:38, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> Any constructive ideas for cleaning out a ver long standing
> sstate cache?  I have one build tree that is now approaching
> a year old (I do builds there all the time, sometimes many
> times per day).  The sstate-cache is HUGE.  Any ideas on
> how I can purge/cleanup?  Note: 'atime' is probably not
> useful as I have copied the whole thing a few times...
>
> $ du -s /build/p0382_2016-01-13/sstate-cache/
> 186576060       /build/p0382_2016-01-13/sstate-cache/

The usual way would be atime, so if you can remember when it was last moved
then anything that hasn't been touched since is obviously deletable.

The alternative would be to just delete it and then do a set of builds for
all your combinations that you care about, after all it's just a cache.

Also, that's not huge:

$ du -s /data/poky-master/sstate/
1.2T /data/poky-master/sstate/

:)