[yocto] how does one stay on top of YP security alerts?

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Jan 11 06:49:48 PST 2017

The question of security comes up at every OpenEmbedded developer
meeting. Clearly, the companies building products with OpenEmbedded care
about security.

The problem following the CVE's direct is you need to do analysis to
determine if a specific release has the vulnerability.

We do have guidelines for marking CVE's addressed by commits, to help
people interested in developing tools to show what CVE's are addressed
in the meta data.

One suggestion made is to setup some form of git hook to email commits
with CVE tags to the security list. We are very interested in
encouraging people who care about security to use the security mailing
list to improve overall security of distributions (like Poky) built with
OpenEmbedded.

Philip