[yocto] morty populate_sdk_ext fails for recipes inherit bin_package

richard_allen at keysight.com richard_allen at keysight.com
Mon Jan 9 17:17:39 PST 2017

Thanks Ross, my TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK_append =  " hals hals-doc" does have the ‘space’, so that is not the issue.
( when I forgot it, got errors which had the ‘hal’ on the previous package, i.e gtesthal “, so it was apparent about the missing space.

no real idea how to ‘debug’ the populate_sdk_ext   ( especially since the same recipes work/build fine with Krogoth, just morty is having issues)

TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK_append =  "hals hals-doc"

_append doesn't insert whitespace, so you need to do it.  Use TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK_append =  " hals hals-doc" in your image recipe instead of changing it globally.

Ross