[yocto] esdk without using Poky?

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Jan 4 04:54:15 PST 2017

On Wed, 2017-01-04 at 12:05 +0100, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2016-11-04 04:41, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > On Wed, 02 Nov 2016 07:25:13 Gary Thomas wrote:
> >> I've tested your patches for this (from the OE-core mailing list)
> >> and I can now build and use the eSDK for my board :-)
> >
> > Great!
> >
> >> I do have a couple observations/questions:
> >>
> >> * I added my missing tool with this line in my local.conf
> >>       TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK_append = " nativesdk-ti-cgt-pru"
> >>    Why did this cause many of the nativesdk tools to have to be rebuilt?
> >
> > So just FYI this will only work for the standard SDK, it's not the right way
> > to add these tools for the eSDK - in fact it may break the eSDK due to
> > bringing things into the native sysroot that shouldn't be there.
> >
> > At the moment I think the only way to properly add this to the eSDK is to do
> > this:
> >
> > SDK_TARGETS += "ti-cgt-pru-native:do_populate_sysroot"
> >
> > We don't document this, and it's a little awkward in any case. I'll work on
> > it.
>
> This was working great for me until I just upgraded to the latest [poky]
> master (rev dbb247cac5fbf7b037e4955f9793828451723924).  With the SDK_TARGETS
> line in my local.conf, I get this error:
>
> ERROR: Error for /local/poky-cutting-edge/meta-rainier-am335x-p8701/packages/images/magicard-demo-image_1.0.bb,
> dependency ti-cgt-pru-native:do_populate_sysroot:do_populate_sysroot
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>  does not contain exactly one ':' character.
>   Task 'rdepends' should be specified in the form 'packagename:task'
>
> Any ideas what changed and how I get it working again?

I enhanced the error checking, and the rdepends varflag in your example
indeed isn't valid. ":do_populate_sysroot" got appended twice to the
recipe name. That error got ignored silently earlier.

populate_sdk_ext.bbclass appends ":do_populate_sysroot" when setting
do_sdk_depends[rdepends], so you should use just:

   SDK_TARGETS += "ti-cgt-pru-native"

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.