[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW01

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Jan 3 07:38:54 PST 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M2 -> M3

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M2 by Jan 23, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Maxin -> Joshua

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        M1 is having some QA difficulties due to some kind of bad interaction between the PR service and tinfoil2. We're waiting until people are back from vacation and up to speed before we decide what to do about this.

*        Both Ross and Richard decided to spend time away from computers over the holidays so things have not really changed much over the past couple of weeks, there is a small backlog of patches pending which will be worked through this week.

*        M2 will be upon us sooner than we realize and there are some key changes such as recipe specific sysroots pending with some potential for disruption. Wider testing of these patch sets as they're published would be appreciated.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.1 Release by Jan. 20, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May. 19, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M1 Release is Dec. 23, 2016

YP 2.3 M2 Cutoff is Jan. 23, 2017

YP 2.3 M2 Release is Feb. 3, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Cutoff is Feb 27, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 3, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is April 28, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2594 (last week 2559)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com