[yocto] [OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW09’17

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Feb 28 01:20:20 PST 2017

On 28 February 2017 at 02:09, akuster808 <akuster808 at gmail.com> wrote:

> o   rpm v4/dnf to replace rpm v5/smart?
>
> IMHO, we should include dnf in 2.3 so folks can start playing with it and
> remove smart in 2.4.

Not possible: dnf requires rpm4.  In the current work there is no attempt
at letting the user pick rpm4 or rpm5.

Personally I think we should leave this for 2.4M1.  It's a major change and
needs many eyes.

> o   Separate out elderly GPLv2 into a separate layer?
>
> yes, but maybe not for 2.3 if its a large effort.

I suspect for 2.3 this would be a matter of moving a few recipes into
another layer, which for testing purposes the autobuilder always includes.
So that should just be a matter of move recipes, layer version bump, update
autobuilder to conditionally fetch the layer.

o   Graphics stack vulkan changes?

> The "Go" changes hit before the vulkan. Both should have the same rules
> applied which ever way the decision goes.

They should be considered independently.

Vulkan current requires a development snapshot of Mesa, needs tweaking of
PACKAGECONFIG, and the only supported BSP doesn't work out of the box.
Seeing it work is a great step forward but there's many open questions and
whilst I'd love to put "Vulkan support" on the 2.3 release notes I'm not
yet convinced we're ready.  I guess it comes down to how long it takes the
current queue to stabilise: the current fire is over the testing of minimal
eSDKs.

Ross