[yocto] Python3 partial rootfs installation

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Sun Feb 26 13:03:57 PST 2017

On Sunday, 26 February 2017 12:10:24 AM NZDT Jakob Simon-Gaarde wrote:
> Thanks for the answer. I tried adding it as a dependency but I get this:
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'python3-modules'

Based on your email, this is a runtime situation you are trying to resolve -
and python3-modules is a runtime target, but that error suggests you are
adding to DEPENDS which is for build-time dependencies.

You probably want to add python3-modules to IMAGE_INSTALL in your image recipe
or perhaps to RDEPENDS_${PN} in the recipe for the custom software you're
building.

Cheers,
Paul

--