[yocto] Dependence from image type to image recipe

Viguera, Javier Javier.Viguera at digi.com
Mon Feb 20 04:40:30 PST 2017

Hi all,

I need a bit of help to add a dependence from an image type to an image recipe that build and initramfs.

A bit of background: I have an image type recovery.ubifs that boots using a ramdisk. The ramdisk is generated with a different image recipe (recovery-initramfs).

So whenever I configure any image (core-image-minimal, core-image-sato) to generate recovery images, it should build first the ramdisk and add it to the final recovery image.

In Jethro this was working file using IMAGE_DEPENDS in my custom image-creation class:

IMAGE_DEPENDS_recovery.ubifs = " \
    mtd-utils-native:do_populate_sysroot \
    u-boot:do_deploy \
    virtual/kernel:do_deploy \
    recovery-initramfs:do_rootfs \
"

Now I'm migrating to Morty, and this does not seem to work anymore. When instructed to generate a recovery image, it does not detect the dependence on the recovery-initramfs image, and fails to generate the final image.

How should I code such dependence? Remember is not a dependence from any other image recipe, it's a dependence from an image FSTYPE.

Hope the description is clear enough. Otherwise please say so and I'll try to explain it better.

--
Thanks.

Javier Viguera