[yocto] Placing xxxx.pc in nativesdk?

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at xevo.com
Fri Feb 17 02:45:58 PST 2017

Hello, Yocto.

Maybe a basic question but I am being puzzled.

i) Recipe A builds module, and the module expects that xkbcommon.pc is available (checked in autotool by calling pkg-config)

ii) module A build fails, since it cannot find xkbcommon.pc, according to the config.log.

(in TEMPDIR/work)
./cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/libxkbcommon/0.5.0-r0/image/usr/lib/pkgconfig/xkbcommon.pc
./cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/libxkbcommon/0.5.0-r0/sysroot-destdir/usr/lib/pkgconfig/xkbcommon.pc
./cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/libxkbcommon/0.5.0-r0/build/xkbcommon.pc
./cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/libxkbcommon/0.5.0-r0/packages-split/libxkbcommon-dev/usr/lib/pkgconfig/xkbcommon.pc
./cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/libxkbcommon/0.5.0-r0/package/usr/lib/pkgconfig/xkbcommon.pc

I can find it above, but I do not seem to find it in x86_64-nativesdk-xxxxx tree, so it may be the cause of the problem.
The recipe A has DEPENDS that include "libxkbcommon"

My question is, in general, what is lacking here that prevent xkbcommon.pc to be found from other recipe / configure?

xxxx.pc is in the target image /isr/lib/pkgconfig successfully, so I believe I need something to make it available in cross SDK?