[yocto] meta-efl build?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 03:05:32 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 07:48:33AM +0000, Takashi Matsuzawa wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Thank you very much for the pointer, but I think this image is x11 based..
>
> I can see EFL project has some pages mentioning about booting EFL on wayland-only environment, but it is not yocto (or oe) based instruction.

I was always using meta-efl only in x11 builds.

There is wayland PACKAGECONFIG for efl:
recipes-efl/efl/efl.inc:PACKAGECONFIG ?= "egl opengl-es gstreamer1
pulseaudio luajit ${@bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'wayland',
'wayland', '', d)}"
recipes-efl/efl/efl.inc:PACKAGECONFIG[wayland] = "--enable-wayland
--enable-wayland-ivi-shell,--disable-wayland
--disable-wayland-ivi-shell,wayland"

but in e-wm which you were probably trying to build (it's not clear what
exactly you meant with "build EFL") there is indeed dependency on
libxcb.

So it will need few more changes and lot more testing to make it work on
wayland-only, patches are welcome, but EFL is in sad state in current
master branch and I'm not planing to spend much time on it now, because
I don't use it anymore (we officially let SHR distribution die last
month by stopping the build server) and with the switch to CMake in
upcoming release there will be again more work needed to build/package
new version.

Patches from people who are still using it (and able to test it
properly) are of course welcome.

Regards,