[yocto] Changing UID GID

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Feb 15 06:57:58 PST 2017

On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 15:43 +0100, Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source)
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in AGL project we are facing an issue as when we create new images the
> UID,GID of given packages can (and does) change depending of the
> build.
> This induces issues when we create partial update file using image
> diffs.

Is that for partial updates with OSTree or something else?

> Could you let us know if we need to create our own solution, or if
> yocto already has a model to enforce a known UID-GID on packages
> coming from internal or external repo such as Open-Embedded  without
> patching (or creating a bbappend) for each imported package ?

There's useradd-staticids.bbclass in OE-core, see
https://github.com/ostroproject/ostro-os/blob/master/meta-ostro/conf/distro/ostro.conf#L179 for an example how that was used.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.