[yocto] Out-of-tree module errors installing its udev rule

colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Mon Feb 13 07:56:57 PST 2017

I've got a strange (to me) problem with the recipe for an out-of-tree kernel
module. I'm trying to add a udev rule for the driver - in itself the recipe
does the build ok, but building the full rootfs image throws up a "QA Issue:
linmux: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package"
error.

I have

inherit module

.

SRC_URI += " file://65-linmuxcfg-devnode.rules "

S = "${WORKDIR}"

FILES_{PN} += "${base_libdir}/udev/rules.d/65-linmuxcfg-devnode.rules"

do_install_append(){

    install -d ${D}${base_libdir}/udev/rules.d/

    install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/65-linmuxcfg-devnode.rules
${D}${base_libdir}/udev/rules.d

}

Is this because it's an out-of-tree module, or some other [obvious] mistake?

Thanks