[yocto] meta-swupdate layer with precompiled uboot

Andreas Enbacka andreas.enbacka at gasera.fi
Thu Feb 9 03:13:13 PST 2017

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I tried to download the fido branch of the
meta-swupdate layer, and executed bitbake -c menuconfig swupdate. I got the
following error output (using Kontron SMARC sAMX6i machine config):

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'u-boot-fw-utils' (but
/home/andreas/yocto1.8/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-swupdate/recipes-suppo
rt/swupdate/swupdate_git.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
ERROR: u-boot-fw-utils was skipped: Either UBOOT_MACHINE or UBOOT_CONFIG
must be set in the smarc-samx6i machine configuration.

ERROR: Required build target 'swupdate' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['swupdate', 'u-boot-fw-utils']

Seems to be some issue with building u-boot-fw-utils?

//Andreas