[yocto] sysroot question

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Wed Feb 8 23:49:07 PST 2017

* Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> [170209 05:25]:
> On 2017-02-08 20:36, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > I think the problem is that the task that prepares the sysroot
> > (do_prepare_recipe_sysroot) isn't a dependency of your task. module.bbclass
> > uses this:

> > addtask make_scripts after do_prepare_recipe_sysroot before do_compile

> > BTW you say you patterned your recipe after the skeleton example, except
> > hello-mod at least currently inherits module rather than module-base + kernel-
> > module-split - is there a compelling reason not to inherit module?

> I may have been mistaken about the original source - it looks like I
> used a similar module strategy from meta-freescale.  I did [just now]
> try using "inherit module" and the build dies a horrible death with
> this error
> | make: *** No rule to make target 'modules_install'.  Stop.

Well, that is simple to solve. module.bbclasses sets

MODULES_INSTALL_TARGET ?= "modules_install"

just override that with your own install target. (Or fix the module's
Makefile). The last option is to simply override do_install in your
recipe.

> I changed my [task] dependencies to match what you've quoted and everything
> works as before.  !Thanks!

I'd still recommend doing as little as possible in each recipe, and
leverage the standard modules.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander, Senior System Architect
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB