[yocto] is there a list somewhere of OE/YP-supported system perf/monitoring tools?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Feb 8 03:51:23 PST 2017

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Leon Woestenberg wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>       On 2017-02-08 07:48, Maciej Borzęcki wrote:
>             On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>
>                     colleague asked me for a list of OE/YP recipes for monitoring
>                   system
>                   performance/resource utilization/profiling, i'm unaware of any single
>                   list that tracks that sort of thing so i'll just ask what people are
>                   aware of. just off the top of my head:
>
>                    * sysstat
>                    * atop
>                    * collectd
>                    * netdata
>                    * rrdtool
>                    * dstat
>

>             * pcp http://pcp.io/
>

>       There is also bootchart (and friends) to gather information about
>       system startup and initialization.
>

> blktrace

  a colleague is looking for an OE utility similar to red hat's
"sosreport", but AFAICT, that utility is purely red hat and i see no
reference to it at the OE layers page. does anyone know something
remotely similar to that? or is it just a red hat wrapper around a
bunch of other tools (which is what it looks like).

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca