[yocto] Qt/QML support on i.MX6 ultralite

Alankar Dhobale alankar.dhobale at renuelectronics.com
Mon Feb 6 23:38:12 PST 2017

I am working on getting Qt/QML on i.mx6 Ultra lite. As there is no hardware
GPU on i.MX6 ultralite, I am trying to get qt 2D renderer on it so that
Qt/QML can use software libraries.

To do this I have done following

1.       Got fsl-community-bsp from morty branch, as morty supports QT
5.7.1, and to use Qt 2D renderer we need Qt 5.7 and above

2.       Then i prepared a build fslc-framebuffer with adding Qt components
support in my recipes, also build meta-toolchain-qt5, installed and
configured SDK to my Qt 5.8

3.       Prepared small Qt-quick application and compiled with same SDK and
trying to run it on i.MX6UL evk. I got an error as EGL_EXT_device_base
missing.

4.       I found that software libraries are missing for 2D renderer. So I
followed following link and built those libraries and also added includes to
SDK and re-compiled the application

a.
http://doc.qt.io/QtQuick2DRenderer/qtquick2drenderer-installation-guide.html

5.       Now when I try to run the application EGL missing error has gone,
but got an error that Qt plug-in xcb is missing. I am not sure about this
error as I built the image with DISTRO as fslc-framebuffer. Also I am
running the application with -platform eglfs

6.       To confirm my build machine and recipes setup I also built image
for mx6 solox frame buffer, which runs fine and does not show error for xcb

Can somebody please help me on this?

Also as Yocto morty is released in Nov 2016, when it will be released for
fsl-community-bsp. Any updates are coming for i.mx6ultralite for software
graphics libraries?

Do we expect to get Qt quick 2D renderer support for mx6 ultralite in morty
release for fsl-community-bsp?

Kind Regards,

Alankar