[yocto] Build only one specific C source from git clone with many C files

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 6 15:40:16 PST 2017

On Monday, 6 February 2017 11:45:19 AM NZDT Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 6 February 2017 at 11:27, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to modify SRC_URI to take only one source file from a
> > git clone and build it?
>
> No, you can't do that with git.
>
> One way would be to use the http fetcher to get the file directly from the
> web interface to the kernel.

Well, technically if it's just a directory you want you can use subpath= -
that doesn't actually prevent fetching the entire repo though, it just changes
what gets unpacked to the work directory for the recipe.

(Beware - earlier versions of the build system had a nasty bug with subpath=,
if you're using 1.7.1, 1.8.0 or older I'd suggest not including a leading or
trailing slash in the subpath value - you don't need them anyway).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton