[yocto] Kernel configuration problem/confusion

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Fri Dec 22 11:51:22 PST 2017

I'm trying to add some kernel configuration to a Raspberry pi3 yocto build.  I've got the .cfg fragment being read in, but I'm getting warnings that indicate that they are not making the desired changes.

The first one is CONFIG_SND_SOC_MAX9768. This is a sound codec and the Kconfig file has it in a long list of select's. the one for the MAX9768 is:

    select CONFIG_SND_SOC_MAX9768 if I2C

I2C is set, but CONFIG_SND_SOC_MAX9768 ends up undefined. the warning I'm getting is:

---------- CONFIG_SND_SOC_MAX9768 -----------------
Config: CONFIG_SND_SOC_MAX9768