[yocto] Debugging sstate-cache

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 06:05:19 PST 2017

I'm using oe-core/scripts/sstate-diff-machines.sh script (which calls
bitbake -S) to generate "snapshots" of sstate signatures for interesting
builds (in our case daily official builds) and then every time I notice
something unexpectedly being rebuilt, I can use the same script to create
snapshot of my local build and then compare these 2.

Once it helps you find which recipes were changed, use bitbake-diffsigs to
compare sigdata files from the "snapshots" to see what change in metadata
caused the difference, often it's change in some other dependency, so you
need to traverse the dependency tree a bit until you find the real root
cause of the difference.