[yocto] user space package recommends kernel fragment with builting CONFIG

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Dec 11 21:01:44 PST 2017

On 2017-12-11 10:19 AM, Paulo Neves wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have the idea I am doing someting in a strange way but correct me if
> I am wrong.
> I want to make hostapd RRECOMEND .config fragments which have wireless
> drivers. How do I achieve this?

You can't really do it via the hostapd recipe, since if you could, you'd
break the separation between recipes (and if the build system allowed
it, you'd be able to influence any other recipe from another .. and a
lot would break).

You'll need to have a kernel bbappend in your layer, and from there,
you can use the KERNEL_FEATURES variable (if the fragment is in the
common kernel-cache) or put a .cfg fragment on the SRC_URI.

If you want to conditionally trigger the SRC_URI addition or the
KERNEL_FEATURE, you could use a distro feature that both hostapd
and the kernel recipe use to enable a set of common features.

Cheers,

Bruce