[yocto] executable depends on the library that is built in the same recipe

Rail Shafigulin rail at esenciatech.com
Mon Dec 11 11:45:29 PST 2017

I have a recipe that builds a library and an executable. Executable
depends on the library which built int he same recipe. When I run
bitbake I get the following error:

WARNING: mytool-1.0+gitAUTOINC+3e2b76e330-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue:
/bin/mytool contained in package mytool requires libMyTool.so, but no
providers found in RDEPENDS_mytool? [file-rdeps]

I tried the suggestion given by the bitbake putting mytool in
REDEPNDS_${PN}, but that didn't work. I also tried looking online for
the solution but didn't find one.

Can someone help out?

--
Rail Shafigulin
Software Engineer

--

*ESENCIA TECHNOLOGIES, INC.*3945 Freedom Circle, Suite #360,
Santa Clara CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 736 8284 Fax: +1 408 519 3475
http://www.esenciatech.com | http://www.lnttechservices.com