[yocto] disable psplash

Sherif Omran sherifomran2000 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 14:30:41 PST 2017

no this does not work with the psplash .. please see the link ..
now  i have the psplash does not show, but it keeps compiling.
I made a psplash_%.bbappend but it does not work. I need to remove from the
file system this file /usr/bin/psplash_write
this is my code. please correct me. I was testing and all this did not work.

FILESEXTRAPATHS_append := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"

my_postprocess_function () {
        rm -r ${WORKINGDIR}/psplash-write
    rm -r ${D}${bindir}/psplash-write
}

ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND = " my_postprocess_function;"