[yocto] Preventing a variable from being cached

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 7 12:46:39 PST 2017

On 12/07/2017 10:30 PM, Paul Knopf wrote:
> Use a SRC_URI for another recip? Let me show you my recipe.
>
> SUMMARY = "Puts a file in the image that contains the application version."
> DESCRIPTION = "Puts a file in the image that contains the application
> version."

Openembedded isn't really designed for this. The principle is that the
output of a recipe is determined entirely by what is in the recipe and
the source code it pulls in (and dependencies). If a task has
successfully completed, it should not be run again if nothing has changed.

So you need to udpate the necessary files with an external script before
you run bitbake, and then pull them in via SRC_URI and file fetcher.

Alex