[yocto] Q: Kernel SCC files: shouldn't a changed patch trigger a rebuild?

Erwin Rieger erwin.rieger at ibrieger.de
Wed Dec 6 15:46:49 PST 2017

Hello list,

i have written a kernel recipe derived from linux-yocto-custom. The
SRC_URI includes a SCC file that in turn includes a kernel patch.

First of all, this works as expected, the patch is applied to the kernel
source and my custom kernel is built.

But the kernel is NOT rebuilt if i modify the kernel patch (without
touching the SCC file). In other words: changed files that are directly
named in the SRC_URI variable trigger a rebuild, but indirectly included
changed input files (through a SCC file) do not.

Is this the intended behaviour?

PS:
I can provide more info and my test files if needed.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen Erwin Rieger