[yocto] externalsrc + sstate why is not compatible?

Marcelo E. Magallon marcelo.magallon at hpe.com
Wed Dec 6 06:47:29 PST 2017

On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 02:13:26PM +0000, Koehler, Yannick wrote:

> In regards to file fetcher, I will go check the code, I thought the
> unpack would only occurs for tarball, not subdir.

If you have:

	SRC_URI := "file://some-dir/"

and your tree looks somewhat like this:

	.git
	poky
	src/some-dir

and you set things up so that bitbake will look in src/ (set FILESPATH),
then it will copy "some-dir" to $WORKDIR/some-dir, and you can point S
there.

This satisfies your requirement as I understand it (single repo, all the
source code is there, including poky).

The huge downside of this is that some-dir is copied and this confuses
people.

I know the bitbake version in 2.4 has some differences that might help
here, but I haven't had the chance to investigate further.

Marcelo