[yocto] How to append to image, not machine?

Marek Słomiany marekslomiany at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 05:43:56 PST 2017

Hi,

I'm building system that has 2 cpu's which communicate via CSLIP over
serial. On both ends it looks similar but the IP's has to be swapped for
point-to-point communication. For example one will have:
address 10.10.10.1
pointopoint 10.10.10.2

and the other one:
address 10.10.10.2
pointopoint 10.10.10.1

to replace /etc/network/interfaces file with my own, I have created
a init-ifupdown_%.bbappend file which contains:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"

SRC_URI_append = "\
file://interfaces \
"

I could make two interfaces files in separate directories and add to
SRC_URI_append_machine1 for each one, but I'm using same machine for both
cpu's, but different images (one with qt, one without). Is there a similar
method but binding append with image not a machine?

Regards,
Marek Slomiany