[yocto] bitbake menuconfig fails

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 23:22:11 PST 2017

Hello Mircea,

>From my point of view:

*> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncursesw*
> scripts/Makefile.host:111: recipe for target 'scripts/kconfig/mconf'
failed

The first line explains it all. You could not configure 4.14, since for
this you should have ncurses package. I would further say, the
YOCTO ncurses version you have, which is used for 4.8 is outdated, so you
need newer (matching) YOCTO version for 4.14.

Why you are able to configure 4.14 outside of yocto? Because you use
another version of ncurses, one which is host native to
Debian 8. YOCTO probably uses some other host based ncurses inside YOCTO
(in Open Embedded/meta layer, my best guess).

Zoran