[yocto] Removing /usr/src/debug from image

Koehler, Yannick yannick.koehler at hpe.com
Tue Dec 5 10:40:55 PST 2017

Hi,

I have edited my local.conf to remove the debug related EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES.  My rootfs still contains a /usr/src/debug folder, which I would like to get rid of.  This likely come from -dbg package inclusion, which I would like to understand how to control/remove.  We are using Yocto 1.9/2.0, and the only thing I found related to this is

	INHIBIT_PACKAGE_DEBUG_SPLIT = "1"

Yet, from documentation this appears to be about generating the -dbg packages which I do not mind, but I do not want them install in my image.  I am trying to understand what pulls them in.  My image recipe pulls the packagegroup-core-boot, ROOTFS_PKGMANAGE_BOOTSTRAP, CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL, ca-certificates, package-management and some other private package but none of those include -dbg...

Any help appreciated.

--
Yannick Koehler