[yocto] Run application at system boot

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 06:36:57 PST 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Laurentiu-Cristian Duca
<laurentiu.duca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello yocto community,
>
>   I want to know a few things
> about how to configure yocto such that
> - a simple application (let's say a hello world C program
> from a new recipe) is run at boot time.
depends which init system you're using. By default in yocto there is
sysVInit and basically you need to write simple script which will be
used by sysVInit to start/stop your program
Look here: http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-classes-update-rc.d
Look here: http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#migration-1.7-kernel-module-autoloading

>   I appreciate any hint, example or tutorial regarding this questions.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Laurentiu

BR,

marek