[yocto] Changing device tree inside of the devshell

Alan Martinovic alan.martinovic at senic.com
Tue Dec 5 01:22:09 PST 2017

Hi,
I had to made some device tree changes inside of a devshell.
Just changed the .dts file and exited the shell.

I built the image after that and got the message:

...do_compile is tainted from a forced run
...do_deploy is tainted from a forced run

which made sense given the manual changes I've done.
However, the changes haven't made their way into the image.

Even when explicitly doing a deploy step (linux-senic is our kernel recipe):

bitbake linux-senic -C deploy

the correct .dtb doesn't find it's way into the image final image.

My assumption was that any changes done in the devshell would
be recognized and the required steps will be rerun automatically
on a full image build.
This ended false.
Anyone knows where the error might lay?