[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW35’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Aug 28 07:42:10 PDT 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.4 M3

Next Deadline: YP 2.4 M3 (In QA)

SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Todor on Aug. 25, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Todor -> Tracy on Aug. 18, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        We’ve reached feature freeze for 2.4 and the M3 rc1 build is in QA.  See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.4_QA_Status

·        Some things did not make 2.4. In particular, the python manifest rework didn’t, nor did the multiple kernels work or the switch to pkgconf by default. These patchsets were too late in the cycle and potentially caused too many issues. I’ve started queueing some things on master-next-2.5 in the meantime.

·        We’ve continued to struggle with various autobuilder reported failures although current master appears to be working better than we’ve had things for a while.

·        Some fixes were merged for the bitbake server reconnection issues and this should remove the traceback many people were seeing and generally clean up some of the behavior for reconnections.

·        There were some staging.bbclass fixes that have recently merged which allow the system to cope much better with changing things like the pkgconfig provider.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.2 Cut off June 5, 2017 - Not ready to do an rc2 yet.

YP 2.2.2 Release by June, 16 2017

YP 2.3.2 Cut off Sept. 1, 2017

YP 2.3.2 Release by Sept. 15, 2017

Key YP 2.4 Dates are:

YP 2.4 M3 Cut off is Aug. 21, 2017 (In QA)

YP 2.4 M3 Release by Sept. 1, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Cut off is Sept. 18, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Release by Oct. 20, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2504 (last week 2476)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                          stephen.k.jolley at intel.com