[yocto] raspberrypi3-64 target not booting

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 10:27:49 PDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Bill Jenkins <bill at korgrd.com> wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2017, at 9:42 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 9:39 AM Bill Jenkins <bill at korgrd.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to just get the simple 64-bit rpi-basic-image to work, but the
>> Raspberry Pi 3 seems to hang with the rainbow screen at startup.
>

> Can you plugin a serial cable and see if that worked or try to add ssh
> daemon on target and try to ssh into pi
>>

> That was a good call. I can login with the ssh daemon, so it does
> successfully boot. I just
> cannot access it from the HDMI port. (I do not have the hardware for a
> serial connection
> at the moment)
>
> Any ideas on how to get the HDMI port to function the same way as it does
> for the
> 32-bit case?

Readding the mailing list.

what you have is exactly what I had when I submitted the port to
meta-raspberrypi. Haven;t had a chance to revisit it. but this could
be related to device tree files we are using here. I have had reports
from other devs of having been able to boot into graphics using older
kernels but I never got
that far myself.