[yocto] Python module and build_ext args

Craig McQueen craig.mcqueen at innerrange.com
Thu Aug 24 18:24:01 PDT 2017

I'm trying to make a recipe for python3-uvloop, using setuptools3.

The Python 3 uvloop module depends on libuv. It bundles a version of libuv, and setup.py tries to build it, but it doesn't work well for cross-compilation. However, it also provides a build_ext parameter "--use-system-libuv", which seems to work when I try running it manually in devshell. (I have made a suitable recipe for libuv and added libuv to DEPENDS.)

How can I specify the "--use-system-libuv" parameter for build_ext in the python3-uvloop recipe? I see a reference to DISTUTILS_BUILD_EXT_ARGS, but it doesn't seem to be functional.

--
Craig McQueen