[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW34’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Aug 21 07:43:56 PDT 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.4 M3

Next Deadline: YP 2.4 M3 Cut off is Aug. 21, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Juro -> Paul on Aug. 18, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Todor on Aug. 25, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        We’ve discovered problems with the 2.3.1 eSDK release binaries and are in the process of rebuilding these to fix sstate mirror urls. This was from autobuilder configuration being incorrect, not from any metadata issue.

·        In the last week the autobuilder suffered overload issues around the NAS which meant that sstate, download and autobuilder functions were affected. The functions have been split between different servers meaning a rebuild of the NAS was required and this is ongoing.

·        The impact on the Autobuilders from the NAS issues was significant and has slowed down patch testing.

·        The OpenSSL 1.1 upgrade has been backed back to 1.0 due to too many reported issues. You can test 1.1 using PREFERRED_VERSION and we will move back to 1.1 likely in the next release, there just wasn’t enough time in the current one to reasonably expect issues to get resolved.

·        Today is feature freeze for 2.4. There are several patches still in the queue and undergoing testing (python manifest changes, recipetool/devtool and kernel changes) as well as some bitbake server issues that need resolving before we can start 2.4 M3 builds.

·        We did merge fixes for rpm dependency generation after realizing it was broken. This detects things like interpreter paths (e.g. scripts that require /bin/bash) and means some dependency issues are appearing in builds now this is working correctly again.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.2 Cut off June 5, 2017 - Not ready to do an rc2 yet.

YP 2.2.2 Release by June, 16 2017

YP 2.3.2 Cut off Sept. 1, 2017

YP 2.3.2 Release by Sept. 15, 2017

Key YP 2.4 Dates are:

YP 2.4 M3 Cut off is Aug. 21, 2017

YP 2.4 M3 Release by Sept. 1, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Cut off is Sept. 18, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Release by Oct. 20, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2476 (last week 2480)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                          stephen.k.jolley at intel.com