[yocto] raw copy lots of files to rootfs via recipe

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Sun Aug 20 06:45:13 PDT 2017

On 19 August 2017 at 20:11, Fabian Knapp <knapp at ambibox.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have to copy a complete file structure to my rootfs which also contains
> .sh and .js files Makefiles and so on. However, I only want to „raw“ copy
> these files to /xyz to my rootfs.
> I tried to cp -r via do_install() and added the files to my FILES_${PN}
> but I get an error: ‚no package provides /usr/local/bin/node-bench‘ that
> indicates that this is not a raw copy as wanted.

cp is just cp, that is not likely to be the problem. Would you mind pasting
the full error message with any relevant context?

I'm going to guess that this is something in the packaging system (rpm?)
looking into scripts and adding whatever is in the shebang  into runtime
dependencies of the package during do_package(). Do you have
"#!/usr/local/bin/node-bench" in one of your scripts? If yes, can you
either avoid that or make sure something installs the correct binary into
the correct place?

Jussi