[yocto] Checking out code from svn

Chris Z. winotu.email at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 01:51:51 PDT 2017

Hi,

Yes
user=username
pswd=userpassword

it's still in the bitbake code. But not in the documentation.

Beside providing username and password as a parameter bitbake also
parses URI and it can also contain useradata.  Where URI scheme:
scheme:[//[user[:password]@]host[:port]][/path][?query][#fragment]

Regarding SVN module and correct svn fetch url creation, documentation
misses examples and pitfalls.

if no path_spec, path_spec == module

SRC_URI + module -- ( fetch/checkout sw ) -> downloads/svn/SRC_URI/path_spec
downloads/svn/SRC_URI/path_spec  -- ( do_unpack )  -->
tmp/work/.../<package>/../path_spec/sub_dir

mirror tar -> module_src_uri_revision.tar.gz

Pitfall here is download directory structure and new SVN client (1.7+
version). SVN client doesn't exit when there is conflict in the svn
directory. So one have to has unique path in
downloads/svn/SRC_URI/path_spec for it packages and shouldn't use
multiple svn urls which are finally fetched to
downloads/svn/SRC_URI/path_spec

P.S.
For authentication to svn resource you could save your credentials in
~/.subversion dir or use svn+ssh rather than using username and
password directly.

Br,
Chris Z