[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW33’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Aug 14 07:45:21 PDT 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.4 M3

Next Deadline: YP 2.4 M3 Cut off is Aug. 21, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Leo -> Juro on Aug. 11, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Juro -> Paul on Aug. 18, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        YP 2.4 M2 rc3 should be publicly released shortly. This build had much better test results than rc2.  See the QA report at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW32_-_2017-08-09_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.4_M2_rc3 And the release Criteria at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status#Milestone_2_-_Target_July_28.2C_2017

·        Patches are flowing into master, albeit slowly. Vacations for various people is resulting in high workload for those who aren’t away.

·        We’re seeing problems with new symbols in glibc 2.25 (getrandom and getentropy) interacting badly with uninative. For now we’re disabling those symbols in the native case since most code has fallback code, at least for now. We may need a better workaround. We’d prefer to avoid having to make uninative glibc version specific.

·        The new autobuilder has been updated to newer worker distro instances (resulting in some of the failures) but is back to full strength after a while running without one or two workers for various issues. Having it at full strength should speed up builds/testing.

·        YP 2.2 (Morty) is continuing to struggling due to build issues. The issue appears to be that certain ppc/lsb lsb images are taking a long time to run. We need to understand why the non-lsb images don’t suffer the same issues but are struggling to find anyone with the time to look into it properly. We need to get these resolved in order to unblock this release series.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.2 Cut off June 5, 2017 - Not ready to do an rc2 yet.

YP 2.2.2 Release by June, 16 2017

YP 2.3.2 Cut off Sept. 1, 2017

YP 2.3.2 Release by Sept. 15, 2017

Key YP 2.4 Dates are:

YP 2.4 M3 Cut off is Aug. 21, 2017

YP 2.4 M3 Release by Sept. 1, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Cut off is Sept. 18, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Release by Oct. 20, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2480 (last week 2433)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                          stephen.k.jolley at intel.com