[yocto] How to generate cpio.gz AND cpio.gz.u-boot image from single recipe?

Vokáč Michal Michal.Vokac at ysoft.com
Fri Aug 11 05:52:58 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am in a process of upgrading our project from Jethro to Morty.
For a while I am trying to solve an issue with generating initramfs images.

We have an image recipe that says:

IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar.bz2 cpio.gz cpio.gz.u-boot"
inherit core-image
inherit image_types_uboot

With the Jethro branch of the openembedded-core layer all thee defined image types are generated.

After upgrade to Morty, the cpio.gz image is deleted somewhere in the process of generating
the cpio.gz.u-boot image (which is probably the right behavior of image_types_uboot.bbclass).

I wonder why it worked before and how to make it work again, properly.

Thanks in advance for any hints,
Michal

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify us by email to info at ysoft.com with a copy of this message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Y Soft and any of its subsidiaries each reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.
Y Soft is neither liable for the proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt. This email was scanned for the presence of computer viruses. In the unfortunate event of infection Y Soft does not accept liability.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them.