[yocto] Remote Eclipse debug setup

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 8 09:46:55 PDT 2017

> From: Paul D. DeRocco
>
> I'm trying to get remote Eclipse debugging working, between
> Yocto Morty and Eclipse Mars. This is for an RPi3 using
> systemd. I'm only trying to debug an application separately
> compiled with the Yocto SDK toolchain, not to debug anything
> in the Linux build.
>
> In my local.conf, I first set EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES to
> "debug-tweaks eclipse-debug", but it didn't give me the
> necessary SSH daemon, so I added "ssh-server-openssh" as
> well, but nothing is starting it. The only related systemd
> unit is sshd.socket.
>
> What is supposed to start sshd, so that Eclipse debugging can
> work? And is there any other daemon I have to get running in
> the target? The Yocto mega-manual didn't really spell it all out.

I'm getting nowhere on this. Is there some documentation that explains how
remote debugging from the Yocto plugin works, so that I can maybe figure out
what's going wrong? I'm not getting an SSH connection, and there's no sshd
running in the target. All the tutorials, including the Yocto docs and
various other vendors' explanations, tell you what to do and assume that it
will all work, but don't provide any clue as to what to do when it doesn't
work.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com