[yocto] QA cycle report for 2.4 M2 rc2

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Aug 3 03:19:20 PDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-02 at 17:55 -0700, Cruz, Libertad wrote:
> QA does not approve that  the workarounds provided  for 2.4 m2 rc2
>  were on different commits. Testing was not limited to 2.4 m2 rc2
> commit “8e15e9b6e478f6368034519b2a8fd3c7ea71d23b” it was performed by
> following each commit on the provided workarounds described below.

Thanks Libertad.

The different commits wasn't intentional, there were bugs which were
reported and fixed after rc2 was built. It made sense to resolve those
bugs as fixed in master but obviously they were still present in M2.

Given the high volume of issues and other things that went on with rc2
I've decided to build an rc3. We'll have to take current master as
there are some many fixes it only makes sense to use that rather than
create any special branch. I've set that build away.

Cheers,

Richard