[yocto] How to strip down my Yocto Linux?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Aug 2 03:34:05 PDT 2017

First, the core images are examples; copy and paste the closest to what you
want and then modify the recipe.

If you want a really small image then start from core-image-minimal, but be
aware that is missing a lot of stuff you may actually want.

How to remove things depends on how they got installed in the first place.
Unless you have doc-pkgs in IMAGE_FEATURES then you shouldn't have any man
pages or documentation.  If the poco recipe installs sample code you don't
want then fix the recipe to put those in another package. etc etc.

Ross