[yocto] bitbake memres usecase

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 15:09:48 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to understand if memres is right for me.

Every night my machine, via jenkins, grinds away doing about a dozen
builds. Each of these builds is for a separate MACHINE, in separate
directories, with separate layers, configurations, etc. My jenkins
instance has two executors (on the same machine). So if one build runs
long, two builds could be running at the same time.

Should I enable memres?

Also, sometimes I kick off a jenkins job or two during the day, while
at the same time doing manual builds somewhere else on the same
machine. Maybe all I want to do manually is to run "bitbake -e" and
investigate some packageconfig setting. Would having one
memres-bitbake running cause issues with multiple builds running at
the same time?

Is it possible to have one memres-bitbake running for the jenkins
jobs, but have my own bitbake running for my manual jobs?

Or maybe none of the above is the use-case for memres?

Best regards,
    Trevor