[yocto] hello world recipe failing at do_patch.

Arun Kumar arunkr24 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 30 13:52:54 PDT 2017

Hi,

     I am starting out with the yocto project. Created a new recipe
using the command

     $ yocto-layer create helloworld

I added the directory to the bblayers.conf file in my <buiuld_dir>/conf
directory. As per my knowledge and article on internet this should be an
easy build.

$ bitbake helloworld

fails with the following signature.

virtual:native:/home/beagle/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/gnu-config/gnu-config_git.bb:do_patch

Regards,

Arun M Kumar