[yocto] [open-amp] Build a Yocto image to be the guest (Dom1) in a system that uses Xen hypervisor and petalinux image for Dom0

Jiaying Liang wendy.liang at xilinx.com
Mon Apr 24 09:12:16 PDT 2017

HI Pello,

From: open-amp at googlegroups.com [mailto:open-amp at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Pello Heriz
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 1:44 AM
To: meta-virtualization at yoctoproject.org; meta-xilinx at yoctoproject.org; yocto at yoctoproject.org; Jiaying Liang; open-amp at googlegroups.com
Subject: [open-amp] Build a Yocto image to be the guest (Dom1) in a system that uses Xen hypervisor and petalinux image for Dom0

Hi all,

Finally I have compiled an image using Yocto that includes the meta-virtualization layer with DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " xen" in the local.conf file. I understand that this must be used to build an image to work as a Dom0 image with Xen. If I want to have a Dom1 guest image, would be enough to change this DISTRO_FEATURES_append into " xen-guest" in the local.conf file?? Do I need to do anything more?

In the other side, if I want to implement a system that is described in the tittle of the message, do I need to include the open-amp layer to the guest image that I want to build in Yocto? And has this layer enough support?
[Wendy] As you just want to have Dom1, you don’t need open-amp layer.

Best Regards,
Wendy

Looking forward to an answer,
Best regards,