[yocto] OPKG package management issue

Abhishekh Awanti abhishekh at relysys.co.in
Tue Apr 18 04:15:47 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am trying to install *.ipk* with *opkg* in yocto.

 If i run below command

    *opkg install *.ipk*

 I am getting the below error:-

* Collected errors: * opkg_conf_load: Could not create lock file
/var/lib/opkg/lock: No such file or directory.*

I did some research and followed this link

http://wiki.hioproject.org/index.php?title=Yocto:_Opkg_Package_Management_System_Set_Up

I came to know that one should add in the *conf/local.conf*

*EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "package-management"*

> *IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " opkg "*
>
> *PACKAGE_CLASSES = "package_ipk"*

Even though i am getting the same error.

*"/var/lib/opkg/"*  is existed in my image build directory, but after
installing the image to the target device the *"/var/lib/opkg/"* is not
appearing.

I am guessing that, the disappearance of the */var/lib/opkg* folder may be
causing the opkg error.

Can anybody please help me on this problem.

Thank you,
Abhishek