[yocto] Symbolic link to ld-linux-armhf.so.3

Alvaro Garcia maxpowel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 11:47:05 PDT 2017

Hi, I made a recipe for hamachi. Hamachi looks for /lib/ld-linux.so.3 but
in my poky build this file is /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3.

If I do ln -s /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 /lib/ld-linux.so.3 hamachi runs fine
so the solution its just a symbolic link. My problem is that I cant make
this link from my recipe.

Into my do_install I do: ln -s /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3
${D}/lib/ld-linux.so.3
But later it does not exist in the rootfs. But if I do:
ln -sf/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 ${D}/lib/MYPRETTYLIB
then the link "MYPRETTYLIB" is there. Its like "ld-linux.so.3" is forbidden
for some reason.

I read that some guy had this problem and solved it by using a glibc
bbappend but it didnt work for me.

Do I need to do something special to get the "ld-linux.so.3" link?

Thank you