[yocto] Porting a middleware to Yocto

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 11 01:34:13 PDT 2017

On 04/11/2017 09:20 AM, Eswaran Vinothkumar (BEG/PJ-IOT-EL) wrote:
> We are internally using a middleware which acts as an abstraction to
> underlying operating system and provides APIs to application layers. Now
> the task is to port the middleware to Yocto. The middleware contains lot
> of make files and folders which are interdependent and I am at lost on
> how to start.
>
> I have some 20 directories which contains makefiles and autotool
> configure.ac files to generate lib files.

Without seeing the source code, it is difficult to provide useful help.

If the 20 different things are all set up through a common autoconf
configuration file, it's probably best to write one recipe for the whole
thing, and then split it into sub-packages after it has been built.

How does the configuration/compilation/insallation procedure look like?
What are the commands you need to type?

Alex