[yocto] Install rootfs.tar.bz2 to ${D}/home/root/

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 19:30:34 PDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 4:28 AM, Maier, Chris <C.Maier at geze.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a deployable SD card image. My board (beaglebone based) boots from SD card and runs a script which copies the rootfs.tar.bz2 to the flash memory.
> So how can I deploy a copy of the whole rootfs to ${D}/home/root?
> A rootfs in the rootfs, does that make sense?

Assuming you have two image recipes (inner-image.bb and
outer-image.bb), add something like the following to the
outer-image.bb recipe:

  do_rootfs[depends] += "inner-image:do_image_complete"
  ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += "copy_inner_image; "
  copy_inner_image () {
    install -d ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/home/root
    install -m644 ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/inner-image-${MACHINE}.tar.bz2
${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/home/root/rootfs.tar.bz2
  }

Also ensure that either the machine config or inner-image.bb includes:

  IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2"