[yocto] No recipes available for meta-selinux and meta-virtualization layers

Joe MacDonald Joe_MacDonald at mentor.com
Mon Apr 10 06:05:06 PDT 2017

Hi Pello,

[No recipes available for meta-selinux and meta-virtualization layers] On 17.04.10 (Mon 09:59) Pello Heriz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to build a core-image-minimal image with master branch of
> Yocto and I have added the meta-virtualization layer and it's
> dependency layers in order to have virtualization functionalities
> enabled when creating the image.
>
> The problem is that the bitbake execution fails due to there are
> missing some recipes for meta-selinux and meta-virtualization layers.
> This is the message that I can see in the terminal when it fails the
> execution:

Yeah, Mark and I have discussed a few times that we're sorely out of
date in meta-selinux right now.  At different times we've each said we
were going to do an update to the layer, but frankly we're both pretty
swamped and there's a couple of infrastructural issues too that we've
both been hoping to resolve "pretty soon".

That said, as a stop-gap, you could try checking out the updated
master-next branch in meta-selinux.  Just a few minutes ago I pushed
some changes that may resolve some of those issues for you.

Also, just FYI, I don't typically test anything in meta-selinux outside
of the combination with DISTRO=poky-selinux or oe-selinux and a
core-image-selinux, so you may encounter issues I haven't seen when
building something else.  But we're happy to take patches for those
additional cases, just know that you may be blazing your own trail.

-J.

--
-Joe MacDonald.
:wq